Is Malaysiakini diverting attention about our mystery in coming next PM? Malaysiakini is reporting more about Israel and Hamas conflict and KT by-election.
Do you really want a man with unsolved mystery, not just any mystery, but a mystery that may be involved with a murder case, to be the PM of our country. Until and unless he is willing to testify in the ongoing murder trial to clear his name in total, we must not allow this man to become the next PM of this country.
Please read Haris blog I do not have confidence in Dato Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak as Prime Minister of Malaysia. Do you? for more details.
His reasons are as laid out in this PETITION that is addressed to the 221 other MPs in our Dewan Rakyat, excluding Najib.
Part of the petition:
To : the Honourable Members of Parliament of Malaysia, except the Honourable Member of Pekan.
We, the undersigned, all citizens of Malaysia, remind you :-
1. that by your oath of office, you are all sworn to bear true faith and allegiance to Malaysia, and to preserve, protect and defend its Constitution; and
2. that you hold office on trust to represent the interests of the people of Malaysia and not the interest of your respective parties or their leaders.
We, note that :-
3. Article 43(2) of the Federal Constitution stipulates that His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong shall appoint as Prime Minister a member from amongst you who in the judgment of His Majesty is likely to command the confidence of the majority of the members of the Dewan Rakyat:
4. subsequent to the 12th General Elections on 8th March, 2008, His Majesty, in the exercise of his powers and duties under the Article aforementioned, appointed Dato Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi as Prime Minister;
5. in October, 2008, a power transition agreement was arrived at between Dato Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and Dato Seri Najib Abdul Razak, by the terms whereof :-
(a) Dato Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi would not defend his incumbent presidency of UMNO at the UMNO elections in March, 2009; and
(b) should Dato Seri Najib be duly elected president of UMNO in March 2009, the matter of the transition of the powers and the office of Prime Minister, from Dato Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to Dato Seri Najib, will then be discussed;
6. at the recent close of nominations of candidates for the forthcoming UMNO elections in March 2009, Dato Seri Najib was the only individual who received the requisite number of nominations to be eligible to contest for the post of president, with the result that, barring any unforeseen eventualities, Dato Seri Najib will be returned unopposed as president of UMNO come March 2009;
7. should Dato Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi resign from the office of Prime Minister subsequent to Dato Seri Najib being confirmed as having been returned unopposed as president of UMNO in March 2009, it is widely expected that Dato Seri Najib will seek an audience with His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong with a view to representing to His Majesty that Dato Seri Najib has the confidence of the majority from amongst you and should consequently be appointed Prime Minister pursuant to Article 43(2) of the Federal Constitution.
We further note that :-
8. a certain misconception by many in UMNO, in particular, and Barisan Nasional, generally, which contradicts Article 43(2) of the Federal Constitution, that the Prime Minister of Malaysia has always to be the president of UMNO; and
9. all our previous Prime Ministers were, and the current Prime Minister is, the president of UMNO and that at the time of their respective appointments, no one seriously thought to question, let alone doubted, whether any of the previous Prime Ministers or the current one commanded the confidence of the majority of the members of’ the Dewan Rakyat, past and present.
We, the undersigned now note and will ask you, Honourable Members of Parliament, to likewise take note, of the following matters which have given rise to serious questions as to the suitability of and leaves no room whasoever for any confidence in Dato Seri Najib to lead our country as Prime Minister :-
10. Dato Seri Najib has maintained that he neither knew, was ever acquainted with nor had any dealings whatsoever with murdered Altantuya Shaaribuu, the central figure in the ongoing murder trial in Shah Alam. Yet
Full Text of the petition HERE.