Check Your Voting Status
Friday, June 18, 2010
Penang State Government Progresses Under Pakatan Rakyat - Pt 4
Penang Pakatan Rakyat is committed to a people-centric Government that listens to you, works for you and give you fresh hope of a better future for all regardless of race, religion, gender or background.
The third 10 out of 30 policies implemented by the Pakatan Rakyat Government during the last two years.
Enriching The People
1. Becoming the first State in Malaysia to wipe out hard-core poverty in Malaysia by ensuring that every family in Penang receives at least RM500 per month through our Partners Against Poverty (PAP) program.
2. RM100 cash for all senior citizens above 60 years old to record our appreciation to their contribution from 20/3/2010.
3. RM1,000 to beneficiaries of senior citizens to foster a caring society that looks after aged parents beginning in mid-2010.
4. RM3 million Microcredit loans (interest free) of a maximum RM5,000 to the poor to break the poverty cycle especially single mother.
5. RM100 water rebates per family in 2008-2009 to 170,000 low and middle income families totalling RM17 million to help distressed families.
6. 50% water rebate to holy places of worship.
7. RM10 million to set up Career Assistance & Training (CAT) centres that find jobs for retrenched workers.
8. Cancelling all summons issued to hawkers and parking tickets before 8/3/2008.
9. Reducing license fees for all hawkers and fishermen in Penang by 50% from 2010.
10. Providing emergency aid within 24 hours to all disaster victims.
Penang State Government Progresses Under Pakatan Rakyat -
Pt 1, Pt 2, Pt 3
Posted by Richard Loh at 4:37 PM