Check Your Voting Status

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The 60's Bathroom Singer

COUNTDOWN TO THE CHANGE OF GOVERNMENT
View Countdown Clock On The Right Menu

SIGN PETITION: JUSTICE FOR TEOH BENG HOCK
TEOH BENG HOCK TRUST FUND
New Route To Malaysia Today
RPK Speaks His Mind - Videos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there is such a thing as the Malaysian Idol in the 60's, I am quite sure that I can reach at least up to the last four finalist if not the title. To be frank, I am a retard where music is concern. There is no opportunity at all for me to learn music especially when one is poor. At that time, piano, guitar, drums and other musical instruments were alien to me as they were not displayed openly like they do now.

I can still remember that my grandfather owned a small radio and I would turn it on whenever my grandfather is not home. At that time there is no commercial break, other than the news hour, certain announcement and short stories, it's songs and music all day long. You can hear a top hit song repeated at least 6 to 8 times a day. You cannot find the lyrics of the song but when you keep on listening so many times a day for a week, you can just write out the lyrics.

The popular singers of the 60's were Cliff Richard, Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck and I learned by heart most of their songs. Each time when I step onto the stage, sorry, into the bathroom, I would sing all my heart's out. Surprisingly I could reach the high pitch songs of Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck. Each song that I lashed out while taking my bathe could be heard by my neighbours a few houses away. To be continue...

This weekend, for those who loves the 60's, I bring you two songs by Cliff Richard, Summer Holiday and Bachelor Boy from YouTube. Hope you will enjoy them and bring back old memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails