Mukhriz: Close down vernacular schools
He was of the opinion that the disunity in the community arose from the different education system and proposed that a single education system be implemented to foster greater unity. Detail report at Malaysiakini here.
Murkhriz, Malaysians must be proud to have you as their future leader where your foresight for unity is by closing down vernacular schools. If you are sure that vernacular schools are the cause of disunity, then I totally agree with you that they have to be closed down.
Vernacular schools are not the only cause for disunity, which I am very sure you would agree. In your heart and mind you must have realized that there are many other causes of disunity which I think you will be announcing soon and call for their removal.
Your good cause is my cause as well and that is to unite all Malaysians as one. Other than closing down vernacular schools in order for a full Malaysians unity you need to be brave as well to remove the following.
1) Close down "malay only" schools and form only national schools where all Malaysians can study together.
2) Remove the ketuanan melayu idealogy. All Malaysian citizens are master of this land.
3) Close down Mara or open it to all Malaysians that qualify for entrance.
4) Remove the nep and let all Malaysians be equal as citizen of this country.
5) Make meritocracy the norm for all universities entry, promotions in civil service and other aspects of businesses, cabinet posts etc.
6)Dissolve umno and all bn component parties and form one party where any races can apply and be a member.
6) Make it illegal for anyone to pass racist remark against any Malaysian or calling Malaysians to leave the country if one is not happy.
We are waiting and hopeful that the above will be announced by you shortly, that your call for unity is truly from your heart and not just for your political mileage.