Check Your Voting Status

Friday, September 16, 2011

Walao Eh! I was on stage with Namewee Nasi Lemak 2.0

My tweet before leaving for dinner yesterday 15 September 2011:

Going out 4 dinner @ 1st Avenue? Wanting 2 meet up with namewee but doubt an old man like me can get near him with all youngsters around lol

Have my dinner at 1st Avenue new food court, food and pricing quite reasonable for the location. After dinner wonder around the complex window shopping while waiting for the big man to arrive. Well, some ads said 8pm and other said 8:30pm but it does not really matter.

Saw the crowd growing around 8pm and most of them were youngsters and middle age adults. I think I was the only old man of my age standing there near the stage. Maybe there are others standing at the upper levels.

Before namewee's Negaraku-ku, I seldom listen to the new generation pop, rap or whatever songs these youngsters were singing. When the movie Nasi Lemak 2.0 was screened, I went to see it on the first day and on first showing. I did not expect to see such a beautiful movie, produced by these youngsters whom I thought were delinquents, how wrong I was.

After watching the movie, I have to meet this young man in person. So I went to 1st Avenue after learning that his road show will be on at 8pm.

Finally the man was here and the show started. Halfway through without really hearing what the MC said and seeing everyone was raising their hands I followed to. They are selecting people to go on the stage and I thought it was a photo session with namewee, so I continue raising my hand but they did not see me.

Then a beautiful young lady was standing next to me waving at the MC and her hand pointing at me. She tried a few times trying to get the attention of the MC but to no avail, so she led me directly to the stage and form part of the group they were looking for.

Walao Eh, I was so lucky to meet the man of the day and share the same stage with him. Watch the video below, we are supposed to act based on this script: "Nasi Lemak 2.0 very nice Walao Eh!"










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails